Outstanding Teaching and Learning Programme
The core aim of the BTSA’s Outstanding Teaching and Learning programme (OTL) is for participants to develop and embed outstanding teaching strategies that will enable all pupils to make maximum progress.
OTL is a 3 day programme incorporating highly effective approaches to developing practice, including group work, video clips, classroom visits, facilitated discussion, direct training and individual reflection and audits. Participants are therefore equipped with a wide range of practical tools and techniques which they can take straight into their classrooms.
The OTL has been written and is led by two experienced course facilitators, both of whom have been Lead Facilitators on the Outstanding Teacher Programme and the Improving Teacher Programme.
They are both teaching and learning specialists, with up to date knowledge and understanding of outstanding practice and OFSTED expectations.
COST – £450 per delegate,
Discounts offered for sending multiple delegates.
Day 1 9.00-3.00
When does “Good” teaching become “Outstanding?”
- Current OFSTED expectations.
What does Assessment for Learning look like at outstanding?
- Outstanding Learning Objectives,
- Outstanding Success Criteria,
- Outstanding Teacher, Self and Peer Assessment.
Half Day Coaching 9.00-12.15
- What is it?
- Why Coach?
- How to Coach.
Day 2 9.00-3.15
- Maximising progress for all pupils, with outstanding differentiation strategies.
- Promoting and expecting outstanding Learning Behaviours.
Day 3 – 9.00-3.15
What is questioning like, when it is Outstanding
- Questions to promote learning
- Questions to assess learning
- Questioning to deepen thinking.
OTL Programme Reflection
- Personal impact so far
- Planning for future whole-school impact