“Developing creative approaches to teaching and learning.”
Becoming a “Post-NQT” has it’s own very specific set of challenges – you are no longer the new teacher, there may well be newly appointed NQT’s in school who will need all the help and support that you received from colleagues last year and you are adjusting to the loss of your NQT release time
The Post-NQT programme has been designed with this in mind and offers Post-NQT’s opportunities to reflect upon their current practice and to develop it further, through some direct training, practical and collaborative work with other Post-NQT’s from across a range of schools, Learning Walks and Classroom Visits within two schools that have both been judged by Ofsted to be Outstanding and “Surgery Sessions” that enable participants to discuss issues as they arise in their own classrooms. There is also an expectation that participants will carry out some small, school-based “post-session challenges,” based on the programme’s session themes.
Spead over 6 half-day sessions, one per half-term, the programme is delivered by an experienced trainer and facilitator who, as part of their role as a Deputy Head Teacher, has led Teaching and Learning and has worked alongside many teachers in both a mentoring and a coaching role, in order to improve and extend their practice.
The Cost of the Programme is £500
Sessions will always run Monday Mornings 188.8.131.52
Session 1: Monday 3rd October 2016 9.15-12.15
- “Good” quality teaching – what does it really look like / not look like?
- Extending and developing effective lesson structures.
Session 2: Monday 21st November 2016 9.15-12.15
- The WOW factor of engagement – how to harness enjoyment, excitement and enthusiasm to engage ALL pupils in their learning.
Session 3: Monday 6th February 2017 9.15-12.15
- Using AFL more effectively and creatively, to inform planning and teaching.
Session 4: Monday 20th March 2017 9.15-12.15
- Strategies and techniques to make questioning more creative and challenging.
- Strategies for extending and deepening pupil thinking
Session 5: Monday 15th May 2017 9.15-12.15
- Extending differentiation – the essential 3 P’s of Pitch, Pace and Progress.
Session 6: Monday 19th June 2017 9.15-12.15
- Celebration – reflecting on the impact of the programme in your own classroom.
- The future – looking towards “middle management” and leading a team.