Boldmere Teaching School: NQT Development Programme 2015-16
“Building firm foundations for effective teaching and learning.”
The programme is designed and delivered by an experienced trainer and facilitator and NQT tutor, who has also led Teaching and Learning as part of her role as a Deputy Head Teacher. Spread over 6 half-day sessions, one per half-term, it is intended to support and compliment school-based NQT Induction provision and through working with NQTs from across a range of schools, it will provide participants with the opportunity to establish an “NQT support network.” Combining some direct training techniques, practical and collaborative group-work, with “top-tips” and strategies that can be taken straight back to the classroom; the programme will address the following key areas, essential for developing a firm basis for effective teaching and learning.
We are running two cohorts of NQT’s this year, both Cohorts will always run Monday mornings 9.00-12.15.
The Cost for the Programme is £500 – Discount offered for sending multiple delegates.
AUTUMN TERM 2016
Session 1: Monday 29th September 2016 9.00-12.15 (Cohort 1)
Monday 19th September 2016 9.00-12.15 (Cohort 2)
NQT Induction Overview – what to expect of your time as an NQT.
- What does “Good” teaching really look like?
- Preparing for Parents Evening
Session 2: Monday 14th November 2016 9.00-12.15 (Cohort 1)
Monday 7th November 2016 9.00-12.15 (Cohort 2)
- What is an effective lesson structure for promoting pupil progress.
- Engagement – How to engage all pupils.
SPRING TERM 2017
Session 3: Monday 30th January 2017 9.00-12.15 (Cohort 1)
Monday 23rd January 2017 9.00-12.15 (Cohort 2)
- Assessment for Learning Part 1 – Creating and using effective learning goals, learning objective and success criteria.
Session 4: Monday 13th March 2017 9.00-12.15 (Cohort 1)
Monday 6th March 2017 9.00-12.15 (Cohort 2)
- Assessment For Learning Part 2 – teacher-led feedback, (both verbal and marking) peer-assessment and self-assessment.
- Top tips on tackling report writing.
SUMMER TERM 2017
Session 5: Tuesday 2nd May 2017 9.00-12.15 (Cohort 1)
Monday 1st May 2017 9.00-12.15 (Cohort 2)
- Differentiation – meeting the needs of ALL pupils within your class.
Session 6: Monday 12th June 9.00-12.15 (Cohort 1)
Monday 5th June 9.00-12.15 (Cohort 2)
- Questioning – effective strategies and techniques that maximise learning.
- The future – life as a teacher beyond the NQT Induction year.