Middle Leadership Programme
“Inspectors will consider the quality of CPD for teachers at the start and middle of their careers” Ofsted August 2015, Para 138
Facilitators: Alistair Shaw and Nicki Bell
3 Full days over the year.
- I will confirm dates once they are finalised with the facilitator.
Cost: £450, discounts offered for sending multiple delegates.
The programme is for leaders who:
- Are middle leaders or are new to middle leadership with a school improvement responsibility
- Want to develop effective leadership skills and practices
- Want to develop their contribution to the leadership and management of the school
- Want to understand what makes a good leader
Intended outcomes for those participating in the programme:
- Enhanced confidence in, and understanding of, the Middle Leader role in an improving school
- The ability to lead on defined school priorities with an understanding of how to lead successful and sustainable change
- The development of leadership skills required from middle leaders
Key elements of the programme are to enhance leadership competencies
- Three face to face development sessions over 3 terms – aspects include: ML skills audit; analysing the ML contribution to school improvement; ML role in leading change and building a culture for improvement; developing and leading effective teams; managing time; dealing with barriers to change and peer coaching to enable on-going development.